RSE “National Nuclear Center of the Republic of Kazakhstan” Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Branch “Institute of Atomic Energy” of the Republican State Enterprise “National Nuclear Center of the Republic of Kazakhstan” of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
On October 14, 2022, ХХI Annual R&D Competition Conference for Young Scientists and Specialists of RSE NNC RK was completed.
The contest participants submitted 31 papers for the jury’s consideration.
After hearing all the reports, the jury secretariat received 11 rating voting bulletins.
In determining the winning places, the number of points that the contestant received according to the criteria was taken into account:
- relevance of the paper;
- practical value (significance of the problem the paper is addressing);
- scientific, engineering level, novelty of results;
- degree of work completeness;
- personal contribution of the contestant;
- presentation style and level of competency of the material;
Additional evaluation criteria, taking into account the features of the area:
- for fundamental research - the level of publications;
- for engineering-technical works - evaluation of technical solutions;
- for applied research – competitive ability.
Results of the conference-competition:
I. First place, diploma and a cash award were awarded to:
Bukina Ol’ga Sergeyevna – Head of Group of the Laboratory for Testing Structural and Fuel Materials of IAE Branch of RSE NNC RK for "Determination of Matrix Composition for Irradiated Fuel Immobilization of IGR Reactor" - Applied Research.
II. Second place, diplomas and cash award were awarded to:
- Tarapeyeva Anastasiya Yuryevna – Engineer of Radiation Materials Science Laboratory, RSE INP ME RK for paper “Annealing Effect on Structure and Optical Properties of Titanium Dioxide Films of Various Thickness” – applied research;
- Biyakhmetova Dina Biyakhmetovna – Specialist of Integrated Ecosystems Research of IRSE Branch of RSE NNC RK for paper “Experimental Formation of Dose-Effect Calibration Dependence by EPR Dosimetry of Human Teeth Enamel” – applied research.
III. Third place, diplomas and cash award were awarded to:
- Berdikhalykh Tileu – Leading Research Engineer of “Institute of High Technologies” LLP of NAC Kazatomprom JSC for paper “Capacities of Synchrotron X-Ray Diffraction to Determine Nanostructure of Phospholipid Lipid Bilayer” – applied research;
- Shul’ga Mikhail Viktorovich – Engineer-Geophysicist of the first category of CAPSSI IGR branch RSE NNC RK for the paper “Application of Electrical Prospecting in a Complex of Geophysical Methods for Geo-Ecological Diagnostics of Nuclear Industry Facilities Location Areas” – applied research;
- Zhanbolatova Gainiya Kaiyrdykyzy – Junior Researcher of Laboratory for Testing Materials in Thermonuclear Reactor Conditions of IAE Branch, RSE NNC RK for the paper “Study of Structural-Phase State of Tungsten Surface Layer after Carbidization in a Beam-Plasma Discharge” – applied research.
IV. Certificates of Merit and Stimulating Money Prize were awarded to:
In nomination “Best Paper Design”:
Marchenko Olesya Olegovna – Engineer of Ecosystems Development Department Environmental Monitoring of IRSE Branch, RSE NNC RK for the paper “Elaboration of Tritium Determination Methodology in Environmental Objects by Means of Oxygen Combustion Vessel 1121 (Bomb parr)” – applied research;
In nomination “Paper Originality”:
Dauletkhanov Yerkhat Dauletkhanuly – Engineer of the Laboratory of Radiation Materials Science, IAE Branch of RSE NNC RK for the paper “Determination of Strength Characteristics of Structural Steels of vVrious Grades by Small Punch Test (SPT) Method” – applied research;
In nomination “Best Speaker”:
Yermakova Rinata Gennadyevna – Technician of the first category of Environmental Monitoring Systems Development Department of IRSE Branch of RSE NNC RK for the paper “Study of Vertical Distribution of Technogenic Radionuclides in Bottom Sediments of Degelen Site Watercourses” – applied research;
In nomination “Active Participant”:
Toktaganov Togzhan Shalkaruly – Engineer of the second category of the experimental testing laboratory of transfer mechanisms of DEMSD Branch, IRSE NNC RK for the paper “Assessment of Sources of Water Bodies Formation in Araltoba Hollow” – applied research;
Ⅴ. Prize and Money Award for Innovation Paper were awarded to:
Omarov Abai Yerseitovich – Research Scientist of “Institute of High Technologies” LLP of “NAC Kazatomprom” JSC for the paper “Development of Science-Based Recommendations for Planning and Application of RVR Various Methods of Technological Boreholes in Conditions of “North and South Karamurun” Deposit – applied research.
VI. Special prize of Director General of RSE NNC RK and money award for nomination “Best Young Research Manager”:
Merezhko Maikhail Sergeyevich – Research Scientist, Acting Head of Material Testing Laboratory of RSE INP ME RK for the paper “Study of Radiation-Induced Ferrite in Austenite Stainless Steel” – fundamental research.
VIII. Also encouraging prizes were also awarded:
From Branch “Institute of Geophysical Research” of RSE NNC RK:
- For the best research paper – Komekbayev Darkhan Kaldaruly, Engineer of the second category of data processing of the Center for Acquisition and Processing of Special Seismic Information (CAPSSI) of IGR branch of RSE NNC RK, paper “Seismic Records Parameterization of Peaceful Nuclear Explosions Conducted at the Territory of USSR” – applied research;
- For the best paper of social importance – Kapkashev Timur Kairatovich, Engineer of Production Group of STC RIP INP ME RK, paper “Production of Sodium Iodide I-131 in Therapy” – engineering research;
- For contribution to the development of new technologies and innovative research projects – Ryabenko Pavel Viktorovich, Researcher of CAPSSI branch of IGR RSE NNC RK, paper “Results of New Technology Application for Historical Seismograms Digitizing in Data Centre” – applied research.
From branch “Institute of Radiation Safety and Ecology” RSE NNC RK:
- For the best debut – Kim Yelena Radikovna, Junior Researcher, Laboratory of Radiation Material Science, DRPSB RSE INP ME RK, paper “High-Dose Neutron Irradiation Effect on Strength and Plasticity of EP-450 Steel” – fundamental research;
- For safety of nuclear power facilities – Nurzhanov Yerlan Bakhtybekuly, Head of Shift of Service for Preparation and Conduction of Experiments at RRC “Baikal-1” of IAE branch RSE NNC RK, paper “Determination of Characteristics of the reactivity influences on the IVG.1M research reactor with low enrichment fuel at the phase of physical startup implementation” – engineering research;
- For creative approach - Vasiltsov Artur Gagikovich, Engineer of the Laboratory of Radiation Material Science of RSE INP ME RK, paper “Determination of Neutron Irradiation Temperature of Steel Samples through Changes in Electrical Resistance as a Result of Isochronous Annealing” – engineering research;
- For contribution in development of new materials – Bochkov Vadim Sergeyevich, Engineer of the second category of the Laboratory of Intra-Channel Tests of IAE branch RSE NNC RK, paper “Study of High-Temperature Corrosion Interaction of Liquid Tin-Lithium Alloy with TNR Structural Materials” – applied research;
- For development of uranium mining technologies - Mukhamedi Margulan Yerbolatuly, Junior Reseacher, Laboratory of Modelling and Design for Geo-Technology Polygon “Institute of High Technologies” LLP, “NAC Kazatomprom” JSC, paper “Study of Enrichment Technology for Leaching Solution with Oxygen in Underground Borehole Uranium Leaching at the Central Mynkuduk Deposit” – applied research;
- For development of reactor systems – Кireyev Nikita Alexandrovich, Engineer of Process Control Service, RRC IGR branch, IAE RSE NNC RK, paper “Modernization of Local System for Control, Measurement, Collection and Registration of Void Sensor Signals” – applied research.
From Branch “Institute of Atomic Energy” RSE NNC RK:
- For contribution to the development of thermonuclear science – Orazgaliyev Nurkhat Aidaruly, Engineer of the second category of the Laboratory of Radiation Materials Science of IAE RSE NNC RK, paper “Thermal Loads Effect on Morphology of Surface and Structure of Beryllium” – applied research;
- For contribution to the implementation of research reactor conversion – Sabitova Radmila Radikovna, Engineer of the Laboratory of Neutron Physics of IAE branch of RSE NNC RK, paper “Experimental Studies Results for Energy Release Fields in IVG.1M LEU Fuel” – applied research;
- For contribution to the development of hydrogen energy – Urkunbai Azamat Serikkazyuly, Engineer of the Laboratory for Thermonuclear Reactor-Based Testing Materials of IAE branch of RSE NNC RK, paper “High-Temperature Impact Effect on Structure and Phase State of Ti-Al-Nb System Alloys” – applied research;
- For contribution to optimization of calculation processes – Kabdylkakov Yerzhan Askaruly, Engineer of the Laboratory of Thermal and Neutron Physics Characteristics of Irradiation Devices, IAE branch of RSE NNC RK, paper “Elaboration of Methodology for Preparation and Implementation of Typical Calculations in ANSYS Program” – applied research;
- For contribution to radioecological research – Mustafina Kuralai Tasbulatovna, Engineer of Analytical Research Department of IRSE branch RSE NNC RK, paper “Elaboration of Methods for Determination of Total Alpha-Beta Activity of Water Samples Using Liquid Scintillation Spectrometry” – applied research;
- Special encouragement prizes for papers out of the competition – Nurgaliyev Daniyar Nurzhanovich, Senior Lecturer of NJSC “Semey Shakarim University”, paper “Refrigerator Operation Principle in Case of Malfunction” – engineering research; Kokorina Alexandra Ivanovna, student of RS TPU, paper “WC Tungsten Carbide Synthesis in Direct Current Arc Discharge Plasma from Tungsten Ore Concentrate in Open Air Environment” –engineering research; Alkenova Kamilla Azamatovna, student RS TPU, paper “Plasma Assisting Effect at Magnetron Sputtering on Chromium Coatings Hardness” – applied research.
From Board of Young Scientists and Specialists of RSE NNC RK:
- For the best R&D work – Askar Dana Malikkyzy, Laboratory Technician of Radiation Materials Science of DRPSB RSE INP ME RK, paper “Study of Resistance to Pitting Corrosion of BN-350 Structural Materials” – applied research.
IX. All participants of ХХI Competition Conference of R&D for Young Scientists and Specialists of RSE NNC RK were awarded with participation certificates.
X. Submitted papers are recommended to be published in journal “NNC RK Bulletin”.